Friday, April 14, 2017

Make social media easy to read

Using social media is like trying to become a famous singer. It is hard and easy at the same time. Yet if you have a knack for it, its a little easier. 

There is something to think about!

Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill. By this I mean don't be extending words and phrases that no one will want to read.

 EX: With the up most excruciating pain, I have created a wonderful master piece that no one will ever want to read because I am using advanced vocabulary to indicate that I can talk on an advanced level. This will cause my readers to bypass this paragraph of words because it is to wearisome for members of society to have to contemplate all of the exasperating terms of this statement. 

That was a pain wasn't it? You need to try and talk to people on a fourth grade level. Because using big word after big word, you WILL lose your audience. Now try this.

EX: With less pain, I have made this awesome post! I believe people will want to read this because it is short and sweet. Not to mention, I didn't have to google any of the words! Oh and look, this seems more human and less robotic then the last post! Yey!

Now given, the simpler version was very long. You really need to make it much shorter then that post was. But what helps that post is the exclamation marks that I used because it adds voice with the post and not just some monotoned robot voice.

Now you don't have to always do that or use the exclamation marks if it is out of context. That can be annoying. Aside from that, try this and you should be doing a bit better with your posts!

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you're saying. It's best to keep things short and sweet to keep the audience interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. people like myself appreciate this haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting post! Very useful!

    ReplyDelete